This article written by Donna Brown Hogarty came from the Readers' Digest in 1999.
In it, she listed the following most common mistakes made at the workplace.
1. Having no plan- She suggested that before we go into any workplace encounter that could turn angry, we should prepare an agenda and stick to it.
2. Lacking expectations- She suggested that we should understand our employer's charter by asking relevant questions
3. Being a loner- it is important to work on relationships with colleagues in and outside our department.
4. Waffling- instead of waffling on decisions, it is essential to focus on the relevant elements.
5. Focusing too narrowly- it is essential to cultivate the ability to develop and adapt by learning a variety of widely applicable skills.
6. Covering up- instead of doing that, it is important to admit the blunder and fix it as soon as possible.