Monday, November 26, 2007

Giving yourself to others

The final choice to retire is for me to have time instead of more money.
I have enough money to live comfortably but not in extravagance.I hope to have time to serve the Lord and let Him use me to glorify His name.
Being kind to my Chinese national colleagues who hailed from China has won me good friends.
Kindness goes both ways.It is indeed more blessed to give than to receive. In giving my time to others, I have gained friendship and the sense of purposefulness.
Yesterday, I visited a young colleague who has settled down and given birth to a baby boy. I also managed to visit my good friend who is recuperating from an operation.By showing my concern for her, I hope to help to lift her spirit as she has recently undergone quite a difficult time.
Today, I called another colleague whose baby was hospitalised for urinary tract infection.Praise God for His calling.

No comments: