Sunday, November 18, 2007

Retirement

It was the close of a chapter when I went up on stage to receive the bouquet of flowers. It was a pleasant surprise as well when the children went on stage to present me a stalk of flower each. I was indeed touched by this show of support and love.It took me great effort to remain composed and not break into tears.
My teaching career has spanned forty long years and I do wish that I have done better, in terms of connecting better with those whom I have taught.Nevertheless, with my retirement from teaching will mean the beginning of a new chapter of my life.
I will need to exercise conscientiously to keep healthy and to live my life more meaningfully and purposefully.
I have committed myself to do visitations in my church and the other project I hope to take up is to write a booklet on why people become Christians. Hopefully, this project will glorify the Lord and inspire others to seek Him.
With more time, I hope to care more for others and share with them the love of our God.

No comments: