Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reminices in May

Well, it is now May, five months have gone by and how has life been for me?
What have I done or achieved so far?
The first three months were spent leisurely with time to exercise in the morning, swim, qigong and brisk walking.In the afternoon, I will go to the community centre to read the Chinese papers and play the piano when I get home.
I was invited to teach Creative Writing the next term and spent some time researching on materials for the course. I taught three full classes of Primary five and two classes of mixed classes on Monday, Thursday and Friday. Those time that I do not teach, I research and prepare teaching resource to support the pupils' learning of English.
I accepted the assignment to keep myself abreast with work as well as for the remuneration. I do not go to school on Tuesday but in alternate weeks, I help out with the Evergreen group of serving the older people.On Wednesday, I do not teach but do my research and preparation of teaching resource in the morning but go to another school to teach Creative Writing for a renowned enrichment centre.
Alternate Thursday, I have cell group Bible study with some of my church members.
This year, we started on 1 Samuel and as we study the book, we try to apply the principles of the study to our life. In 1 Samuel, we learn the importance of obedience and dependence on the Lord.
On Tuesday evening, I go for Bible Study Fellowship where we learn the book of Isaiah. In this prophetic book, we learn of our God's faithful love for His people in contrast to His faithless and rebellious children. Again and again, as His children, we rebelled and were faithless, worshipping other idols rather than being faithful to Him, our loving God.
I realise that I too have been faithless and wavering, often relying on my self rather than going to Him for His guidance and teaching.Lord, thank you for your immeasuable patience and grace for my undeserving salvation. May I follow You faithfully and rely not on myself but on Your wisdom and grace.
I feel that I have not done well for this assignment because it was my own strong desire to take up the job rather than wait on You.
However, it is no use regretting my decision but continue to rely on You for these two weeks to complete the assignment.
Lord, it is difficult to totally follow You sometimes, but Lord, give me Your wisdom and patience to do so.Let me wait on You because You have assured us that "All things work for those who love You." In all that I do, let me do in Your honour and glory, Amen.
In two weeks' time, Lek and myself will be flying to US to visit Soo Chan and go on a relaxing holiday. I look forward to the holidays to relax and live peaceably in God's natural and beautiful world.

No comments: